Monday, April 19, 2010

Notes

Because my laptop is out for service, I'm going to jot a few notes here so I don't forget them.

Saturday 34 mile bike, windy, cold.
Sunday Run 4 mile race. 27 miles on bike trainer.

I'm somewhat amazed at how good my left foot feels. To even things out, the ball of my right foot is now sore. I think it started when I ran the 4 miles Thursday night wearing an older pair of shoes and I didn't put my Sole inserts into them. Then it may have been aggravated further from the bike shoes. I think I might need to put the Sole inserts into those as well.

I also spent time checking out my cleats on the bike shoes. Genine and I measured them up and they are set almost exactly the same. I think knowing that fact finally gave me confidence that it can't possibly feel that much differently than my left shoe which feels perfect. Not surprising then that my 27 miles on the trainer, I didn't once think about my right shoe.

I've also been researching options for how to add in the marathon training. I have a feeling that my biking may take a back seat starting in September.

Finally, last night was the first night where my legs have cramped up while I'm sleeping. I think it's time I start taking the electrolyte capsules to see if that helps out.

No comments: