Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Won the lottery.

Today they announced the winners of the 2010 NYC Marathon lottery.
I'm in!
I kind of got butterflies in my stomach when I read the news. I think my longest run has been 15 miles. 26.2 miles still sounds like a long way to run. I've been told this is a great first marathon because of the huge crowd/fan support.

This was my 3rd year trying to get in by lottery. After being denied 3 years I would have been in in 2011. Now I will continue with the 9+1 NYRR races this year to make sure I have the option to run the marathon again in 2011. I hear it's kind of addictive. I guess I'll find out if that holds true for me.

I'll have to look at a marathon training plan to see if I have to change anything before my Half Iron Triathlon in mid August. I'm kind of hoping I can get through Timberman, then move onto the marathon plan after that. More on all that later.

2 comments:

Jon said...

congrats Matt! I got in this year through last year's 9+1 program. My marathon training starts at the end of June and the plan that I am using will basically be the run training I would do for Timberman anyways, so it all works out! Good luck! Pick up a copy of "A Race Like No Other" by Liz Robbins if you want to read more about the inner guts of the race.

Jim said...

Awesome!! Good luck!!