Monday, July 26, 2010

Tango Prep/ NYC Triathlon some Elite and Pro Pictures

This past weekend when I got to Warren. I sent a text message to everyone back there telling them we have arrived. Then my cell battery died and that was it for the phone the rest of the weekend.
Fortunately a few hours later I get a call from Jerry and Michelle. They tracked me down at my dad's place.
I was planning on scouting out the Rim Rock area for the orienteering portion of the Tango with Jerry on Saturday. Instead they wanted to kayak the swim leg so Michelle would be prepared to be the safety kayak for KB2. So they asked if I wanted to swim the 2.2 miles. Definitely! So I got to swim the course Saturday morning. The good news is when I reached the beach I actually felt like I'd be able to hike/run somewhat well. Whether this happens on race day when I really push the swim pace remains to be seen.
I had all the normal pains from the extra gear later that day. Left rotator cuff was sore, Left IT Band was sore, Left Achilles was tight. My triceps have been feeling it for a few days now. Guess it was a good workout.
I was supposed to run 6 miles at marathon pace on Saturday. Sadly, I didn't find time to make that happen. The heavy rain didn't help.
Sunday we ended up staying around much later into the day that we typically do. So mid-afternoon I ran from my dad's place to Genine's parents place to get my 8 miles in. I think there were about 2 miles in there that felt really really good. Those 2 miles were way faster than my marathon pace but it felt good to be running with good form, feeling comfortable and quick.

Of course we were tracking Chris' IMLP results online all day. I haven't heard what the weather was like but his results looked great. I'm hoping he makes it to Warren for Tango weekend to hear about it.
A couple of our friends from NJ were up there volunteering. So on the drive back to NJ I sent a message to Bob. It read "Are you signing up for 2011?" In the back of my head, I was thinking that if he's going to race it next year and if slots are available online, I'll try to get a slot. Well I didn't get a response for a few hours. Finally he responded. "probably 2012". Well that made that decision a lot easier. When there were slots available Monday afternoon, I didn't even consider it.

Here is the link to the pictures I took of the Pro and Elite racers at the NYC Triathlon.

No comments: