Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Some NYC Triathlon Pictures

2nd post of the day and I've already got a 3rd in progress. This is what happens when I don't fall asleep on the train during my commute.

Here are a few of my better shots from the race this weekend.

3rd place pro woman. Nicole Kelleher.
IMG_8173

2nd place pro woman. Laurel Wassner.
IMG_8465

1st place pro woman. Rebeccah Wassner.
IMG_8415

What do you do after you win a triathlon?
IMG_8764

NJ Favorite Doug Clark. 4th place non-pro male. I believe he finished 73rd at Kona last year.
IMG_8135 - Version 2

Also from NJ. Alice Henriques. 1st place non-pro female. 32nd overall non-pro
IMG_8268 crop

I've got a ton more pictures which I'll get posted to flickr eventually. I'm kind of disappointed with many of my shots. This is the first race I've taken pictures at this year and I was slow to make adjustments to the camera. Also I didn't know the area well enough to get to places that made for interesting shots or had the right lighting.
I still had a great time and sort of wish that they had chosen me as a volunteer photographer, that way I'd be able to race it next year if it fits into the schedule.

3 comments:

Regina said...

Rebecca's arms and back in that climbing photo are sick! She looks like an anatomy experiment.

Nice shots!

Jford said...

Those are really great pictures you took!

catmarlson said...

No doubt! She has some awesome muscle definition. I was glad to get those shots. We happened to walk into the expo near the finish line just in time to see that.
What I found funny is I don't think many people were paying any attention to it at all. Part of the charm of triathlon I suppose, the "celebs" of the sport can still hang out without there being a big scene.

Thanks JF.
I'm always glad to get some good pictures. It seems I have to take hundreds to get a good one, but I guess that's part of the game.

Between this blog with the race reports and the photo albums. I'll always be able to go back and remember these fun races with more details than I'd remember.