Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ready to race in NYC

Tomorrow morning I am biking with a relay team in the NYC Triathlon. I am subbing for our swim coach who had signed up for the race & then expected to be out of the country on race day. I know the swimmer, Amy, from masters swim. The runner, Tom, I just met today at packet pick up. As we were walking to transition to drop off my bike this afternoon, I glanced down at the ages marked on their legs....24. Hmmm....funny how that seems like a million years ago & yesterday all at the same time. I'll do my best to keep up with the young 'uns! It should be a fun day even though it is hotter than blazes!!! I'm thankful not to be running tomorrow in the heat.
Matt will be there to be sherpographer and chauffeur. Another thing I am thankful for! Well, time to zzzzz..... That 3:00am alarm will be ringing soon. I'll leave you with a video of walk to transition today and a few pics. More to follow after the race.......

Yes, you are reading that right... 102 degrees on the drive into the city today!

A look over transition with the Hudson River in the background.

Tom and I discussing the in's & out's of transition.


Our team walking to transition.

3 comments:

Regina said...

Got your comments on my blog. I'm 2419, also way in the back. Will look for you tomorrow before the swim in transition. I go off at 6:38.

As for celebs, I only know Sanjay Gupta from CNN amd mike Woods, the weather guy from Fox 5 (does he count?)

Good luck tomorrow!

NYC Cyclist said...

Good luck tomorrow!!! NYC style :)

Regina said...

Nice to meet you today! Sorry I missed your hubby. You kicked butt on the ride, well done!!

I got your husband's message about the photo. My poor husband had tor drag around my sulking 4 year old so got nothing! When he gets around to it can he send it? RtisticFXatyahoodotcom. Thanks!

Congrats again!