Monday, July 5, 2010

Day one of Marathon Training

I like how day one starts off with no running. It's a cross training day.
The first bit of cross training was an attempt to pull start our Yamaha Big Bear, so I could mow the fields. This was easily the hardest effort of the day. My back and hands were not happy. So I tried to chase down a new battery so I won't have to go through this tomorrow. Most places are closed today and the one battery I found was the wrong size. Ah well. Maybe I'll find one tomorrow.

We worked on projects around the farm. Mowing and screen door repairs. Then finally at 5PM we we at the park and out on our bikes. It ended up being the exact ride as the Mooseman International race this year, one lap around the lake. Then we had about 50 minutes to swim before the park closed. That helped get everything stretched out.

As for the diet... it's much tougher while on vacation than when working. Did I mention they have the Kona Brewing Company beer up here? Portsmouth (NH) Brewing company brews it and sells it. It's Kona Beer! That has to be good for triathlon training right?

No comments: