Wednesday, July 7, 2010

NH2010: My favorite parts so far

Fun times so far in NH despite the blistering heat. Here are a few of the my highlights....

We arrived Friday evening and enjoyed an incredible dinner with Matt's family from VT that we share the farm with. His cousins Adam and Abby worked for hours in the kitchen preparing the most delicious Thai food I have ever encountered. It was one of those meals that you never want to end, where every bite is a happy celebration in your mouth. And not only did it taste amazing, it looked beautiful as well. We rarely get to see this part of Matt's family, so it was a real treat to spend time together in the place we all love so much.

Spring Rolls...

Cucumber salad w/spicy peanut dressing...

Pad Thai...


We made homemade pizza with a quinoa crust. I read about it on a blog that I follow and have been wanting to make it for awhile now. We kept it simple with just sauce & cheese, but man was it tasty! We will definitely be making this recipe again. It sure beats a typical crust from a nutrition standpoint and it satisfies that pizza craving.


As most of you know, I like my liquor sweet...usually with fruit and maybe a tiny umbrella & a cherry. I do enjoy wine on occasion, ...but beer??? No way. That was until we discovered this last summer: Wailua Wheat Ale brewed with Passion Fruit. Let me just say that I had 2 beers with the pizza the other night and another one tonight. Crazy talk! and since it's from Kona Brewing Co (which for some strange reason has a brewery in Portsmouth, NH), there are Hawaiian words under each bottle cap. Check out the first bottle we opened: cool, right? Must be meant for me!


We have had a few decent workouts, although the staggering heat has not helped. We rode 22miles Sunday and 17miles Monday. Both on parts of the Mooseman course. Sunday's ride was good for me, the best I've felt in a long time. I've been doing some swimming at the lake, mostly with fins and enjoying every minute of it. I did a short 2.5mile run yesterday to try out my new sneakers. They get a thumbs up to start with! So far no cramping of my left toes or blisters. We'll see what happens after a few more miles get stacked on them.


And tonight ended at the beach. I wish every night could end like this......aaahhhhh......

With 5 more days and family & friends arriving for the weekend, I'm sure there will be plenty more fun times ahead.

6 comments:

Jon said...

Hey that beach looks kinda familiar. They should host a race there! ;)

Mjay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mjay said...

omg...I love the way you write Genine! That picture is priceless. For a split second I thought it was Mom C in the middle...sigh.

What an awesome dinner! Yum-I love Thai food. I hope you got some good recipes to share.

Beer? You drink Beer?! Ok now what's that all about? You absolutely are required to bring one of those home to me! Maybe I too will finally say that "Yes, I too Drink Beer!"

Have fun this weekend. I am hopeful that next year Jerry and I will join you for some NH fun

GC said...

Michelle, I went back & looked at the pic again. At a quick glance, it does look like Judy. It is her cousin, Emme...must be a family resemblance. although, I always feel her presence here at the farm. it's like a big hug.

I'll have to see if I can get some of that beer to stick around long enough to make it to the After-Tango Party for you. but no guarantees...incentive for you to get up to NH next summer! ;-)

Regina said...

LOVE Thai food! You are killing me!

m said...

That food looks delicious!!! If you need to test out the pizza recipe I am happy to taste test :) Great beach picture. Sounds like a nice vacation so far.