Thursday, August 7, 2008

Trigger Point

My Chiropractor has officially given me a trigger point.

Dr. Clark: "How do you feel?"
Craig: "Fine, how do you feel?"
Dr. Clark: "I'm fine and you always feel fine, but why are you here to see me"
Craig: "A knot in my shoulder"
Dr. Clark: "Let's see, oh my. . . ., do you have full motion, oh. . . , that isn't good"
Craig: "It's tight but it has felt worse in the past"
Dr. Clark: "Breath, release, manipulate, small crick . . .Breath, release, manipulate, small crick . . . Yeah you are way too tight, do you have a little time today?"
Craig: "Sure"
Move to New Room, electro pads across my shoulder.
Assistant: "Do you feel pain at this setting (7)?"
Craig: "Define, pain"
Assistant: "Huh"
Craig: "I haven't got Novocaine for my last three fillings, so what you are doing only tingles"
Dr. Clark: "Turn it UP, Craig we are going to leave you alone, only hit the up arrow or down arrow, don't go over 20, but do what you can stand, I don't want to smell flesh burning"
Craig: "OK"

Setting 20 makes you thumb twitch uncontrollable, and your whole bicep involuntarily jumps about every 15 seconds. 9 volt battery on the tongue has nothing on this machine. Personally it feels just as tight this morning as yesterday, but I have another appointment to see him tomorrow. Doesn't really hurt. Hopefully it is well for Morgantown Sprint.

5 comments:

catmarlson said...

Should I have let you yell "switch" to me during the canoe? There were a couple of times I really zoned out and stuck on one side a long time.

I'm guessing you will be better well before the Sprint.
I know you aren't one to take any pills but honestly one ibuprofen might do the trick.

Genine went to Dr Brook yesterday. She also has some kinks to work out of the system. That's not slowing her down tho'. She was at the Y at 5:30 this morning for spin class with Michelle! (I was still sleeping, ha ha)

CSquared said...

I could have never told you I would have lumped up. If I yelled "switch" it would probably be my other shoulder. I really don't hurt. It is just really tight with a lump and some crickling when you push on it.

I haven't stressed it since Saturday, except for a little Kettlebell demo Sunday morning, but that made it feel better.

CSquared said...

White Willow Bark, does wonders for pain, but unless I can't sleep I don't take it. Trust me I have been sleeping well this week especially after last week.

esther said...

ouch! hope you feel better, craig!

CSquared said...

ANTI-INFLAMMATORY HERBS

Herbs known to reduce inflammation include ginger, turmeric, pokeroot, cleavers, devil's claw, licorice, autumn saffron, boswellin, curcumin, arnica, bromelain, German chamomile, licorice, white willow, witch hazel, and capsaicin.

I was reading an article about a guy with a sprained ankle he took Arnica, Bromelain, Garlic & Ginger to heal the ankle quickly. Tamara had Pleurisy (inflammation of a layer of fluid between the lungs and rib cage)one time and took Bromelain instead of the prescription meds. It worked.

Some food (ha) for thought.