Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fall Races

As you all know, I hadn't registered/paid for any races this fall because I was concerned I'd be damaged by the Tango and wouldn't be able to race. Fortunately that didn't happen.
We were planning on the Morgantown Sprint, but Genine still can't run without pain. So we canceled that.
Well Craig called me on Friday. He's looking to get another race in with me yet this year. He suggested a race up near Williamsport PA. The swim is replace by a kayak. Which sounds fun, except I've never been in a kayak. Which might make it more fun for those watching I suppose.

Well here is a list of races that I'm looking to do out here in NJ this fall.

Here are 2 olympic distance, I wasn't planning on doing either of these but if this is the weekend you could do Craig and you preferred to do Olympic rather than the Buckman.
9/6/08 Pine Barrens Olympic. About 1 hour 40 min away.
9/6/08 Quakerman Olympic. About an hour away.

These are the 4 I'm looking at doing. I'm not sure how similar Skylands is to the Jerseyman race. I'll have to look into that.
9/7/08 The Buckman Sprint Tri. About 30 minutes away
9/14/08 Skylands Triathlon about 30 mins away
9/20-21/08 Out of town for a wedding
9/28/08 The Jerseyman Sprint. About 30 min away.
10/4/08 Solberg Duathlon. About 12 min away

10/4/08 Bassman Sprint. About 2 hours away. Tough to go do this when there is the Du 12 minutes away. It's too bad it's not like the Spring event with the long bike.

Craig/Shawn feel free to suggest others.

Genine is trying to get a relay team together for the Buckman. We rode the bike course twice around with Maija today. We will probably do it again next weekend. I'm guessing we will be "racing" it next weekend, so Genine will finally get to get a good test of her speed on the road bike.

She's also hopeful Maija will do Skylands with her as a relay. Maybe we will go ride that course next weekend as well.

2 comments:

CSquared said...

Matt, I am still not sure of the best weekends for me, but I think I am off of the Chili Challenge I spoke of before. It sounds like a semi-rough road on the bike and I will try to keep it to swimming instead of paddling.

catmarlson said...

Just when I thought I was done with gear purchases....
I have been thinking about what I need to get for an off road bike. I didn't pay enough attention to what others used at the tango.

Now you have me interested in Kayaks!
You can buy those cheap right?