Friday, August 15, 2008

New Spreadsheet / Weight Room

First I want to make sure you guys realize that there is a new spreadsheet if you want to continue to track your workouts. I think I skipped July but I've been logging my workouts all of August.

Next I'd like to state the obvious, weight training makes all the other workouts harder.
I went to the gym and did an upperbody workout last night. Then I went to the pool this morning, I was feeling fatigued after every 50m. Ugh!
It will definitely help me in the long run, the added strength obviously. Then there is the extra "bonus" of fighting through workouts when I'm not fully recovered.
The downside of this is, because I was fighting my way through, I couldn't count laps for anything. I was also working hard to stay under 2:00/100. That also was kind of a bummer.
I might swim again tonight just to work on my balance. It will depend on the weather, I should do some running.

No comments: