Monday, August 11, 2008

Necrosis

My chiro adjusted me Friday, everything back in place. We talked about the knot in my shoulder. I asked about anti-inflammatory and pain meds and herbs. He told me, won't help much. That the problem is, at some point I over stressed the muscle there. I believe it was when I was in college, and I re-stressed playing softball in my late twenties. In my twenties I couldn't lift my elbow higher than my shoulder, which is the reason I originally went to a chiropractor. The muscle has Necrosis (death or lack of blood). What I feel or am experiencing is the live muscle around the dead muscle not enjoying being over worked.

Feels good today, future options would be heat, electro shockage, deep tissue message, or if it really starts to limit me, a big needle that shoots it up and dissolves it (short version). So, no joint problems, but the knot did get me a little twisted in the back and neck which he straightened out Friday.

What do you think Jim? Necrosis, sounds awful. When does my shoulder turn black? I might be one of those human interest stories, when they cut off my right arm because it is useless (good news is I lose some weight). Then I will be banned from competitive age group racing because the prosthetic arm Shawn designed for me gives me too much of an advantage, even on the Bike. He is amazing!

1 comment:

catmarlson said...

I believe Jim is out on Vacation this week. Thus the lack of a response.