Saturday, August 9, 2008

Jerry and Michelle's wedding day

Genine was up early, she had to go to with Michelle and Jen to have their hair done up. Jerry and I didn't have to do that obviously so he calls up and says he's got a free hour. It was absolutely gorgeous outside, so he says we should go for a bike ride.
At first I figured I should ride Michelle's hybrid so that we'd both be going the same speed. Then I remembered that Genine's bike has pedals that flip over to platforms. So we we adjust the seat height and Jerry is off and rolling on Genine's bike. I figure the best thing to do is to go back up Hatch Run again, this way he can get a direct comparison between the two rides.
We get to the top and of course have to stop to recover a bit. I then say now is the fun part, bombing back down the hill. I usually hit a max of about 39mph and spend much of the ride 28-32mph. But before we go he says, "I just have to make sure I don't crash and do a face plant onto the road." Ugh. This is true, we'd never hear the end of it if something like that happened before the wedding. So he takes it easy and I only bombed the first part of the hill. During which it sounded like a rock hit my helmet at one point. Better my helmet than my face! About 15 minutes later we are back at the house. I pull my helmet off and a disoriented hornet falls out!! Oh man! I'm so glad that sucker didn't go crazy on my head. We survived it, workout complete. Ceremony is in a few hours. More Later.

No comments: