Friday, August 22, 2008

Kickin at the pool

Friday didn't go totally as planned. I had figured Genine and I would have found time to go out and bike. It was a beautiful day out. Instead we ended up getting stuff done around the house. Which is a good thing.
We did make it to the pool. We were a bit late so Maija and Paul were already into the main set. It's going to be a kicking night. Ugh! Actually I don't mind the kicking other than they end up having to wait for me.... and I've likely only done half the distance they have done.
I say I don't mind because you are supposed to work on your weaknesses.
Genine was swimming beside me and kind of just doing her own thing. Then I said why don't you do this kick set with us. You will likely beat me. She says, I don't know about that.... I'll guess that she did 25m when I was at 15m. I might be overstating my distance. :-)
I'm convinced she's going to be an awesome swimmer. We just need to get her to the masters class for some coaching. Whereas I need an intervention/hypnotist/surgery/something!!
To make some sort of improvement to my kicking.

Anyhow, once we finished swimming it was time for the abs workout. Genine and Maija were kind enough not to totally destroy me here. I'm sure they could have easily doubled/tripled the amount of time we spent on this. I'll be glad when I get to look back on this night and laugh about it.
So how do I get to that point? Well I've been doing the push ups sets every other day. I tried to fit abs in on the same night. It didn't work out. So at the very least, abs will be on the days opposite the push ups.

Lastly, I know I've turned up the workouts in this last week and that I've added weight training twice a week and also a track workout, but man! I've been HUNGRY! I think I'm finally going to go back to tracking my eats on fitday.com again. Mainly because I feel like I must be eating the wrong "snacks". With fitday, I knew where I was with protein, fat and carbs. So I could just look to see if my snack should be chicken, peanut butter, oatmeal or fruit. Lately I've just been defaulting to Raisins or Craisins and I could just sit and eat the whole bag. So that tells me I'm eating the wrong thing.
If I get back on track with fitday. I'll probably try to eat my way to 170 and not be in a hurry to get there. I'm thinking 2600-2700 calories a day. With the exception of the B&BBQ day!

15/20/65 fat/protein/carbs

2650 total calories

397 calories from Fat
530 Calories from Protein
1723 Calories from Carbs

1 gram of Fat = 9 calories
1 gram of Protein = 4 calories
1 gram of Carbs = 4 calories
1 gram of alcohol = 7 calories

So.... Daily I should be eating
44 grams of fat
133 grams of Protein
431 grams of Carbs

2 comments:

catmarlson said...

Genine and I both got the fitday tracking going again.
As I expected, I need to re-adjust. Too much fat and protein. It's not way off, it will be an easy transition.
As for the number of calories, I guess I'll know if I've been eating way more in about 3 days, I figure it will take that long to feel it.

esther said...

sunday bbq, we eat michael phelps style!