Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Swim Class: Round 3

First A Link
The Goal

I think I've lost track of the fact that you are looking to have a low stroke count. I'm probably sprinting in an sad attempt to try and keep up with the class. So my stroke count is somewhere around 24 or more, depending how fatigued I am. (for 25yd).
Later this week I'll try to see if I can slow my pace down and have a better chance at swimming longer distances. My previous attempts to slow down has made me feel like I start to sink.... so there that to contend with as well.

Class was cut short tonight due to extreme lightning. Of course we were all wondering if that's necessary in an indoor pool.
Indoor Pool Safety

Well tonight we started with 6 100's. Drilling high elbows with fingertip drags as we swam away 25, then strong regular swim back.

After that we went into "how many laps can you do in 30 minutes?" Once again, I'm struggling with thinking on everything else. So I figured I'd just count how often the other guy in my lane lapped me. He finished 250 more yards than I did. Which put me at 1500 yards if his count was correct.
I'm guessing he was a bit on the high side because I'm not sure I could have possibly maintained 50yds per minute for 30 minutes. I was happy that I never stopped the entire 30 min. Which was accomplished by being much less concerned with speed and just getting the flow going.

Then big lightning storm came along and they pulled us out.

No comments: