Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Swim Class: Round 5

I found out a good part of my class is going to be in the Mooseman this year. Most are probably doing the Half Iron. So the instructor is already trying to keep the intensity of the workouts kind of low and was just trying to help people with technique as much as possible.
So I got 2 fixes tonight:
First when I was at my max rotation my kick would open up too much. So I had to focus on keeping a tighter kick.

The second one could be a huge fix. When pulling your hand out of the water, you want to lift with your elbow and let it carry your hand to about your ear. Then you start to drive your hand forward.
I was leading with my hand from the moment it cleared the water, driving it forward constantly. It makes you feel like you are working hard the entire time. When I was doing it correctly, lifting with my elbow, it was very relaxing in comparison.
It's going to take some practice, I felt like I was relaxed in the air but I couldn't turn on the power when I hit the water because I was already thinking of lifting the other side out properly.

I really don't think I can list what we did tonight. I was doing easy 50's with 10 sec breaks for quite awhile working on those two things. Longest distance of the night was a 400.

No comments: