Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Oxygen every where but none that I can Breathe

Regardless of how often I take a breathe swimming (every stroke currently), the key to getting a breathe is to exhale while my face is in the water. Takes some getting use too. I was in college and lived around some swimmers. I went swimming with them out of season and got cramps real bad. They told me it was more like CO2 posioning rather than O2 deprivation. I still think the muscle cramps from not using it enough all the other time, but I saw on one of the links you had they mentioned this CO2 dilemna. I would suggest you work on exhaling with face in water and only inhaling with face out of water. It is hard to do both for the little time your face is out of the water. Of course I talk like I am an expert, I don't cramp as much as I use too, but I am screaming for air at times.

I ran 4 miles last night. Wanted to do it in 36 minutes, which I did. Had a little issue. I did jumping jacks to warm up then lightly jogged a quater mile. Then I started to run. I felt I was going good, but as I approached my first mile mark I was behind my 9 min/mile pace by 40 seconds. So, I punched it a little. I caught up, I hit the 2nd mile marker at 18:25. So, I continued at this pace, but had a nice down hill on the third mile. Came in @ 26:50. So, my goal was not to go to hard so I backed down. I finished 35:45. I jogged the last 15 seconds, then did a cooldown walk. I was happy with my ability to respond. I carried a stop watch to keep good track of time.

Bike tonight, but the lawn also needs done. Maybe I could call this a Brick?

No comments: