Sunday, May 20, 2007

Tango Event Preferences:

I think we have a good idea as to what we each want to do but we can use this post to dial it in a bit.

I'll start by saying that I have Zero interest in the Half Marathon or the Orienteering.
Then for the others:
4.5 mile run: I could handle that, no major speed but I'd keep chuggin. 10 minute miles?
Canoe: I could make a few trips down the river before the event scope things out, help with the navigation of the islands. Depending on how much flow there can be some shallows that could be bothersome.
Swim: I'm just starting to work on swimming with fins. I'm not very good with them yet. I still have time to improve tho'. Again, I think I'd be able to keep moving through this event. If this becomes my event, I would adjust my efforts.
Bike: I haven't put enough time on the bike yet to feel like this would be a good event for me but cardio wise I think I could chug through it.

I was going to post what I thought might work for 4 of us but why don't we wait to see what everyone has to say. Then we can submit scenarios and then make arguments for or against.

2 comments:

SJV said...

Okay, just to reiterate in concise fashion (I know I sometimes don't do that)...
No running for me.
I have very little interest in orienteering.
I would consider doing the bike, but we would lose.
I am pretty interested in the swim.
I would like to be one of the canoeists.
That sums it up.

catmarlson said...

I gathered this from Craig's post earlier:
If I had my ultimate choice I would choose the bike, but I understand I probably run more than most so I would also run. The canoe sounds fun too.

And Casey:
I am hoping to take responsibility for the half-marathon leg. I certainly don't mind taking both of the running legs as far as that goes. I am game for the orienteering leg as well.