Thursday, May 17, 2007

Minimum Daily Requirements

I keep thinking to myself how core strength is going to be the key to staying strong for 3+ hours. Yet I really haven't been putting much effort into making steady gains in that department. So I'm thinking of adding some basics on the spreadsheet:
Pushups
Situps/crunches
Pullups
Hindu Pushups
are something I've been working on, (from the 300 video on craig's post a while ago).
Let me know of others you may want on the list.
I figure you can either check off the box with an X, or for those who like to see some numbers for motivation, type in a number.

Also check the Tri Calculator link on the sidebar.

3 comments:

CSquared said...

Eric Harr's book that Shawn just got has some good do at home core strength & stretch exercise. He hits every muscle group. I also don't feel as tight after running if I keep up with the strength and stretch. Hopefully I will look better eventually.

I also checked out the triathlon calculator you linked, Matt. Very humbling, but can be motivating.

Casey said...

I agree that core strength will be key. Unfortunately for me, my right elbow has not improved in the least. Push-ups and pull-ups are completely out of the question, not to mention any type of weight training. I will continue with the running, stretching and ab work. Hopefully that will be enough.

catmarlson said...

Come on Casey, your other arm is fine. Do them one handed!!!
Seriously I know you have to be frustrated. I hope something helps out sooner than later.