Monday, May 21, 2007

4 person Tango

So Shawn and I posted our preferences. Casey and Craig I gathered their preferences from an earlier post and added them to that "Tango Preference" post. Here is a possible event list. Comments welcome.

Half Marathon: Casey
20 mile Bike: Craig
2 mile Swim: Shawn
Orienteering: Casey, Craig (or Matt How lost can I get if I'm with someone?)
4.5 mile run: Matt (or Craig)
Canoe: Shawn Matt (or Craig)

Of course I'll talk with Michelle and Jerry as well. When I was thinking of who else could power a canoe to team with Shawn, I thought of Bob Morrison. Anyone know if he's still working out? Ha!

1 comment:

SJV said...

I like these possibilities. I think it would be cool if it is going to remain just the four of us that we could all do two legs. That way we all feel like we contributed reasonably equally to the success (or failure) of the team. I wonder how hard the orienteering part is going to be. Do you think you will be running from point to point, with moments to orient between? You may spot a tree, run to that, spot your next tree, run to that, etc. It could be pretty physically demanding if he has us going up to Rimrock and back down to the beach, which wouldn't surprise me in the least. If that's the case, it might be hard to go directly into the run after that. It might be easier to come running down the ramp from the second run leg and jump in the canoe. Especially if that runner is in the back. I can paddle like a mad fool and he can steer for a few minutes. Plus it's all arms, which shouldn't be that tired. Just winded.

Whatever the case, the training continues.