Saturday, May 1, 2010

April Review

I was looking over my April workouts and the numbers look pretty good in terms of distance/volume. Yet when I looked at the bike total I felt that didn’t really tell the whole story. I know I wasn’t on the bike often enough in April, my sore right foot being part of the reason for that. So I figured I’d better start to count how many workouts for each discipline as well. This way I will be able to see when I should consider switching a swim for a bike workout or something like that.


IntenSati : This is on the list because I intend to go every chance I can. It’s just very tough to fit into the Saturday morning schedule. Everything fell into place today and I went this morning. Tiffany’s classes are always good. It was a fun way to start the weekend.


The other number that isn’t good is my Abs workout total. I really let that fall apart in April. During a couple of my running races, I could really feel my abs being tired and maybe even too tight. So I think I decided that I needed to cut back on the abs workout leading into a race. Well I raced 4 weekends in a row, so the abs workouts just disappeared. That’s no good. I’m now going to attempt to reduce the intensity of the abs workouts during race weeks, rather than skipping the workout.

The majority of my abs workout continues to be plank and side planks. For low back I do some Superman pose. I’ll also sneak in the Ab Ripper from P90X from time to time.


Speaking of the P90X I’ve got a couple of friends that are doing this and loving it. I’ve wanted to add some weight training to try and work out some of my imbalances for quite awhile. I never seem to get around to it tho’. So I just put it onto the calendar starting the week after Mooseman. I realize adding something like this screams overtraining but it’s going to be a very light weight plan. I’ve got 4 different exercises in mind I don’t want to have many more. I figure it will set me up well for a heavier weight training program starting after the NYC Marathon.


Good training article found here .

Inspiring Video here . Dang!

No comments: