Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Limits of the Body and Mind

A co-worker sent this to me today. RadioLab
Looks like a good website to keep track of for some interesting topics.
I haven't seen the Julie Moss IronMan finish in quite awhile. The person that sent me the link couldn't even stand to look at the screen. It made her that uncomfortable. Understandably so. I think the second video is even tougher to watch.

Another co-worker emailed me a link to a story in the NY Times about an ultramarathoner
and his diet. A 7 hour training run. Yikes!

It's still funny to me how these are the types of things that get passed my way now.
A few years ago I would have been sent articles about the World Series of Poker, Beer and BBQ.
I wonder what I'll be doing next.

5 comments:

catmarlson said...

Please feel free to send me stories about Poker, beer and BBQ. :-)

Jon said...

Matt, I have only ever seen a 5 second clip of that. I had NO idea that she lost the race by a few yards. Thanks for posting!

SJV said...

I go on seven-hour training runs all the time. I call them 5K's.

Jford said...

I have never seen that video before about Julie Moss! Thanks for sharing.

Mjay said...

WOW! Amazing videos....