Thursday, May 20, 2010

Stretch... please stretch.

Here I am a few days out from the Columbia Triathlon and I've tweaked my left hamstring. It's not an all the time painful, it's just tight.

I considered using a pull buoy for my entire swim last night but swimming didn't seem to bother it. Then I hit it with Icy/Hot overnight. It seems to be somewhat better today.

My plan for this evening was going to be a short spin on the bike trainer then stretch. I may add in a massage before that. Maybe. We will see.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised about this. I always seem to be dealing with some sort of injury in May. Not to mention a sinus infection from allergies. So far so good with the allergies, I hope I didn't just jinx myself. The good news is that the past couple years I always end up ready to go on race day. Hopefully that trend continues.

No comments: