Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I keep spending $$

I feel that I'm going to have new everything soon. Last week, I realized I'm missing my bike wedge with all my spare and repair stuff. So I had to replace all that. Tonight as I'm packing to go to the pool, I realize I don't have my goggles from race day or my race cap for that matter. I have a spare set but they are dark mirrored, I'll have to buy a clear pair before Mooseman.
Off to the pool. Genine decides after we warmup that she's going to do a couple 500m sets. I figure that's a good plan and decide to do them with the pull buoy. I timed the 2nd 500, I finished in 8:18. That's 1:39 min/100 m, now to make that happen at Mooseman. Then when I'm climbing out of the pool, my swim trunks rip. ::sigh:: Well at least I was already going to the swim shop for goggles, what's one more thing? (don't get me started on the $$ being spent on our cars)

Moving on.
Yesterday we picked Genine's bike up from the shop. Her bike needed a bit of a tuneup. They gave us a pack of the new GU Jet Blackberry to try. It was pretty good. It's double caffeine if you like that. It had less flavor than I thought there would be as many of their flavors are intense.

No comments: