Thursday, May 27, 2010

Goggles, Sniglets and race photos

I bought new clear googles today, and new speedo endurance jammers. I kept thinking, where could I have lost the goggles and swim cap? I didn't see them in transition at all, but I wasn't looking either. So when I got home tonight I looked in the one place they could/should be. In the sleeve of my wetsuit, where they end up as I pull the top of my wetsuit over my head. Sure enough there they were with my swim cap. Which is pretty funny seeing how I washed the suit off by hosing it down in the driveway, then hung it over the shower curtain rod, both Genine and I had moved the suit. Neither of us realized they were still in there. The swim cap smelled... yeah let's just leave it at that. Well now I've got a new pair as a backup.

I like having someone near the swim start with a backup pair of goggles for me. Just in case the first pair is leaking or fogging up I can make a quick switch and hope that the 2nd pair will be better. Genine will be racing Mooseman so she will not be the sherpa. This is where the Sniglet comes in. I may be showing my age by bringing up the term sniglet but I feel I'm safe in doing so because another blogger/follower Jon, is quite the creator of sniglets. You can check out his blog here.
So here is my attempt at making up a word. Ruth who has been the swimmer for the C5 relay team at Mooseman the last 2 years is going to NH this year not to race (because they eliminated relays) she will instead be our sherpographer. That would be sherpa and photographer if you hadn't guessed. Ruth is great behind the lens but the trick is we need to get my camera back from repair (unlikely) or come up with another Canon camera body before we leave for NH. One more thing to add to the list for next week. It will be worth it tho'. Hopefully we get better weather than rainy Columbia. Dealing with a camera rig in the rain is tough.

The weather is looking good for our 3 day weekend here tho'. We plan to make the most of it getting out and training. Also there is the Tour of Somerville to check out. Our friend Adam is racing 2 of the 4 days. Again we are bummed that our camera is at the shop. Would have been fun to get some shots this weekend.

I posted up the shots from the point and shoot from the Columbia Triathlon. You can check them out here.

2 comments:

m said...

It's quite amazing how smelly swim caps can get after open water swims if you leave them bunched up for a few days.

Mjay said...

Sherpographer....Love it!