Saturday, May 29, 2010

7 days to Mooseman 2010

The race director posted that the water temp was 66 degrees yesterday. I knew it would be warmer this year but that is better than I expected. I believe race day temp the last couple years has been about 58 degrees.
I'll be up there early enough in the week to do some practice swims. I'll definitely be trying out the sleeveless top to the wetsuit. All I could think during my last 2 wetsuit swims is the fact that there is definitely some shoulder restriction with the full sleeves. Hard to say how that adds up in terms of fatigue but I have the option so I will try it out before race day.

Ran track this morning. It was ugly. I was glad that I forgot my watch. My hamstring/glute tightness is back. I did a really poor job at keeping that in check this week. I did very little in terms of workouts and spent way too much time sitting in traffic driving to and from work. Fortunately I've got a week to get it back to feeling good.

1 comment:

Jon said...

Thats really good news regarding the water temp. I'll take it! Fingers crossed it stays warm this week.