Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rest

It's less than 2 weeks to Columbia. My April training was right on track. My May training is very swim and bike deficient. The last two weekends didn't allow us any time on the bike and we've come off the weekends being very tired. So the 5:30 AM weekday bike trainer rides weren't going to happen either. I needed to sleep.

I feel that's a priority for me the next few weeks. Go to sleep early and get enough rest so that all those miles of training will be available to me. I'm not going to try and make up the miles I've lost the last couple weeks. It's too late for that.

As I've said before, I'm not sure what to expect from myself at these races. I think I'm running 10 pounds heavier than last summer. Because of that Personal Bests might not happen. I still plan on racing as if it could happen. Don't you worry about that.

I don't see myself being disappointed with the results whatever they end up being. Race day is always a ton of fun. It puts me in a mode that I can't seem to recreate while training. If you've been there, you probably know what I'm talking about. I'm guessing it's the same for most people.

Which brings me to the 10K Race this Saturday in Central Park. I should probably consider taking it easy and use it as a training run. That is going to be hard to do but I would be incredibly disappointed if I injured myself this close to Columbia and Mooseman. (This race is another step towards the 2011 NYC Marathon, that's why it's on the schedule a week before my triathlon)

I've got another massage scheduled late Sunday afternoon. That should help me recover from the weekend workouts. It looks like our weather should be perfect for anything we want to do. It's going to be a busy weekend.

No comments: