Thursday, January 28, 2010

USAT Rankings

Obviously I'm not checking to see if I've attained Elite Status. I was curious to see how they measured my improvement.
These are the unofficial results. The pros are still mixed in with the age groupers so the overall rank is going to change. I don't think that my "points" are going to change though.
2008 I had a score of 70.644.
2009 I had a score of 76.63.
Here is the breakdown of my 4 scored races.


I found it interesting that I ranked so similarly at both Mooseman and the Washington DC race. I would have guessed I would have ranked lower at Mooseman.
Yes, I would have liked to known what my Timberman rank would have been without the 6 minute flat repair.

Here is the link to see how they calculate the rank.
Here is the link to the 2009 Unofficial rankings.

1 comment:

m said...

I've heard mumblings that there are a lot of kinks that still need to be ironed out in the rankings still, but here is my say.

I think Mooseman is close to DC because the field at Mooseman is actually quite competitive. So even if you didn't have as good of a race, since there were many good "pacesetters" there, which is part of what the ranking is based on, that may have influenced your score. And I think you did better at Mooseman than you give yourself credit for.

The ranking system has a lot of flaws to it in my opinion despite USAT's efforts to make is more fair. It tends to skew higher rankings towards ironman brand events and some other long distance races. At least from my brief analysis of the data in a few age groups in 2007 and 2008 when the system was new.