Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Countdown is on!

Well, three days until my marathon. I'm excited and nervous. The DNF in Delaware 1.5 years ago still leaves trepidation for this. I know I'm in shape for it, just bad memories at this distance.


Well, hopefully I'll post good news after Saturday. It is a small marathon, so I do not believe they have an athlete tracking available.

In separate news, ...I've been swimming. 700 meters yesterday which is good for me. I bought a new "swim watch" which I haven't received yet but might keep me excited enough to swim. It is the Swimovate Pool-mate. I hope it works like it says!

5 comments:

Mjay said...

good luck Jim!

GC said...

Leave the past in the past. You are strong both mentally and physically for this race. You have prepared and corrected your mistakes from Delaware. We will be cheering for you on Saturday, Jim! What time do you start? can't wait to hear results.

Nice job on the swimming! Getting ready for Mooseman? ;-)
Let me know how the swim "watch" works out. sounds interesting. especially since I have trouble counting anything over 100m!

catmarlson said...

You made 20 miles on a really cold and wet day look pretty easy.
Maybe don't have a finish time in your head at the start but when you get to mile 20 decide whether you want to do the 10K race to the finish or just cruise in. (says the guy that has never run more than 15 miles).
Good Luck!

Cool watch. The fact that you are buying stuff for the pool has to mean something in terms of your confidence!

Jim said...

Thanks! Race starts at 8am. And yes, my goal is to finish and feel good and be healthy. Anything else is just extra!!

CSquared said...

May your leg rotation be swift and your cardiac impulses be slow. May your Hydration be efficient and may your lactate not increase acidosis, we all pray for aerobic energy creaton and the warding off of anaerobic muscle fatigue.

Do your best, stay healthy, and keep up the pace, brother!