Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Haven't had much time

Here is what's been going on.

Jan 1st. 5.5 miles on the original hills loop. 5 loops was 1 too many.

Jan 2nd. 2750m Muscle Builder workout from the book.

Jan 3rd. 2650m workout from the book. 50m short ran out of time.

Jan 4th Yoga

Jan 5th Hockey and Beer

Jan 6th Masters 2200m

Jan 7th 6.25 miles Ballpark loop nice easy run

Jan 8th Day off

Jan 9th 3200m Force workout from the book.

9 miles on the bike trainer. Wow my bike legs are gone.

Jan 10th. 2700m at the pool. Maija’s workout + pushups abs and tricep press

11 miles on the bike trainer

Jan 11th Yoga was canceled. Day off :-(

Jan 12th Bike 9 miles in the morning. Run 4 miles (petsmart loop) 2 easy, 2 fast.

Jan 13th Master Swimming 2750m. Last set was 5x100 20 sec rest. 1:39, 1:39, 1:38, 1:38, 1:37. I think that's a first for me, all 5 being under 1:40. I wasn't too far behind Bob. I think I may have benefited from a bit of his wake.


I'm really light on the run miles. Maybe it's good that the Half Marathon I wanted to do on the 24th is sold out.
I am doing better about waking up at 5AM for morning workouts. Also the eating plan is starting to feel like it's on track.

I need this house project to be done and out of the way. I think their job will be done in 4-5 weeks. Then it's up to us to paint and stain.
I'd like to plan some different fundraising events this year. I need to get to work on that soon. More about those ideas later.

Go Jim Go!

4 comments:

Mjay said...

hmmmm--Hockey and Beer...I'd like a copy of that workout routine. :)

I've reintroduce my workouts-gradually. I've concluded my first full week of routines and so far my knee isn't flaring. Of course it still is bother me but I am controlling it with Ibuprofen and ICE--lots of Ice.

Dr Brooke gave me a styrofoam roll. I am going to be doing daily stretching routines for the IT bands. Lots of pain out the outside of the thighs and above the knees. He did this as rehad for his knees and swears by it.

Womens Running Revolution starts in 5 weeks. I am still hopeful that I will feel that my knee issues are under control by that date so that I can begin to participate. Fingers Crossed and REFUSING to give up!

catmarlson said...

I guess that day should have read. Watch Hockey. Drink Beer.
Someone that didn't know me might think I actually played hockey.

Learning how to do your own Physical Therapy is definitely the way to go. I'm not saying to ignore the problem or advice. Quite the opposite, I think you need to learn your limits and respect them and to overcome them if possible. Sadly we don't recover as quickly from injury as Jordan does.

You will get it figured out. :-)

Jim said...

Matt, Aside from the hockey night, you have been busy!! Good job.

Michelle, stick with the ice and anti-inflammatory until at least a week or two after you are pain free.

The more compliant you are to the stretches and ice etc, the quicker the rehab will go!( Even then, it may take a little while)

CSquared said...

Beer and Hockey can be a very busy activity, and a work out depending which bar you are int. Penguins fan in Philadelphia for example.