Monday, January 18, 2010

Bike Gear

Picked up my new bike shoes on Saturday. 2009 Specialized Trivents size 44. I didn't order from this place. I bought them at Wheel Life Cycle on US 206. They are light. The person that sold them to me said when he took the box off the shelf, he actually looked inside to make sure there were 2 shoes in the box. :-)
I was able to remove the old pedals easily enough. Saved me from buying a pedal wrench. I now have the Shimano PD 6700 Ultegra SPD-SL pedals and SM-SH11 Clips. I've got to mess with the clip placement on the shoe. I did 20 miles on them last night and my right ankle wasn't very happy about it. I'll make sure I spend some time adjusting before starting another training ride.

It was a good weekend of workouts. 6700m swimming. 9 miles of hill running. 20 miles on the bike trainer.
Looking at my swimming progress, basically I'm finally going the same speed with or without my pull buoy. Which means the next step seems clear to me. I need to work on creating a propulsive kick. I'll probably go back and get a few lessons from Coach Q and see what he thinks.

No comments: