Thursday, January 28, 2010

News from WV

I purchased lots of stuff. Timing belt, accessory belts, water pump, thermostat, ignition coils, and a gallon of radiator fluid for a 1999 Toyota Van (boy, I wish it had been recalled).

I did get Perfect Pushup stands. I should be on week 4 of 100 pushups, but car work in the cold derailed me. Still on week 3 this week. Love the stands, easier on wrists.

Bike trainer is my need/want. Haven't plunged due to above items, time more than money. Of course maybe I can upgrade the trainer with the "Dear, look how much I saved doing the car work myself" arguement. Doesn't usually work, even though I try it alot. I alos wished I had paid the extra for someone else to do it, I was bushed after that job.

I did go cross country skiing with the kids a week ago Saturday. Had a great day. Kids loved it. It made up for all that shoveling.

2 comments:

Mjay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mjay said...

I have a 2002 Maxima I'll sell you! :)

Sorry to hear about the unplanned financial outpourings! Glad to hear that you enjoyed the snow with the kids. I myself have been considering reacquainting myself with cross country skiing! All this snow and nothing to do but shovel (Jerry would contend that I don't do much of that either...haha)....I need a winter sport that I actually enjoy. Xskiing is fun AND affordable!

Hello to family! It was great chatting with you over the holidays