Sunday, January 31, 2010

a little less grey

I have decided to track my training miles this year for the first time. I'm just using a calendar program on my computer. Nothing fancy, but it easily keeps an accurate record for me to look back at. Today, as I was tallying up my January totals, Matt showed me how to assign a color to each activity to make it easy to read on the calendar. Cool! So of course I spent entirely too much time going back thru January to update my colors! (yes, I'm a nerd that way...no big surprise.) I assigned blue to swim (duh), orange to bike (love orange), green to run (green=outside), red to inten-sati (the color of my face at the end of class), etc. I assigned grey to my days off or missed days because it's a blah/nothing color. I feel good about January. I'm gradually getting back into a good routine. But after looking at the whole month on the page, I decided that my goal for February is to have a few less grey days.

January totals look like this:
Swim= 17miles

Bike= 102miles
Run=20miles
Inten-Sati= 4x

Kickboxing= 3x
Yoga= 2x
Strength training= 1x

Just for fun I looked up my USAT ranking from 2009. Not sure that it means much to me. It is what it is. I was #1126 out of a total of 1994 in my age group.