Monday, June 15, 2009

Document the Journey?

I really enjoyed Matt and Genine's photo journal leading up to the Mooseman, and was thinking it would be fun to make one of those leading up to the Tango and Timberman. I was interested in making a video journal, with edited, very short little 10-30 second movies, but my camera is too labor intensive right now, so I will have to either do the photos, look into a cheap Flip or similar video camera, or do a lot of work. My journey is supposed to include my physical transformation, dropping my spare tire like a house afire. I think it would make for a fun video, and it would give me some accountability. I might eat a few fewer chips if I knew people were watching.

I'll see what I can do about this.

I ran 5.3 miles tonight. Not too quickly, but I got 'em in.

Swim tomorrow, AM.

4 comments:

SJV said...

Ah yes...I forgot the new iPhone has this capability. Perhaps that is my answer. I was hoping to get one of those anyway. Might as well use if for something other than making calls.

GC said...

Love the video journal idea!!!

How do you feel today after the run last night? Nice job on the mileage!

CSquared said...

Great idea on the journal!

I was thinking you could also have some visual weight effect items, other than your smaller body.

Water - Fill Gallon jugs as you lose weight. 1 gallon about 9 lbs.

Mercury - Gallon, 113 lbs.

Beer/Soda - 12 oz can about .75 lbs.

Nacho Chips - 16 oz bag - duh, 1lb.

You could line up 45 bags of Doritos and point out this is the equivalent of what weight you lost, it may be more bags.

I ran 3.5 miles last night,not fast but put myself in a little burn mode. Stayed away from the nachos. Cottage cheese & pretzels as a snack.

SJV said...

Yeah, I'd love to put 45 one-pound bags of nachos in a line to show how much weight I lost. That would be a wonderful amount to lose. But what would I do with all those nachos after that? Hmm, I wonder.

G, I can definitely feel the run, though it isn't as bad as the last one. I basically went from nothing to 4.25 miles last Friday, then 5.3 yesterday. I was pretty sore on Saturday, but now I'm good. Those are my first jogs in months. It was all biking and swimming leading up to the Mooseman. Now I am going to add in the running, and work my way up to two-hour runs. Oy, that sounds so long. And the even worse part is that I don't think I will even get 13 miles in within that time, at least not yet, and not on my treadmill. Remember, my home treadmill has a minimum setting of a "2" uphill, so I am more limited than when I go to the Y. I will start mapping out some runs of different lengths outside and then I will have a better idea of how long it will take me to do various distances in the real world. It's going well so far. Doing well with both the exercise and the caloric intake. Today I had a low-cal mushroomy omelet for breakfast and a peach and half a cup of rice for lunch. It actually worked. Caloric deficit achieved...at least for one day. I might have to try one of those "easy" bike rides tonight. I don't think I have ever done anything in Zone 1. I like the idea.

As for the movie idea...We'll see if I can get an iPhone tomorrow. I might need to camp out tonight.