Sunday, February 1, 2009

Time to Toughen Up Cupcakes-Genine's 50 Day Abs Challenge

So after Craig's recent cry for help on facebook, I decided it was time to take action. After all, abs are one of the few things that I can actually speak semi-intelligently about on this blog. Matt came up with a plan that I think could be a great way to challenge ourselves and have some level of accountability. This is only meant to be a fun way to spur each other on to greatness...or at least some tighter abs/cores! Take a look at the plan below and give me your feedback. The tri-fuel thread that we borrowed this program from suggested posting before/after photos.....I'm suggesting not. Unless you really want to.....ha-ha!

Okay, here’s the deal. We are going to rip off the Trifuel Core Thread and put in some serious abs work. Starting Monday Feb 2nd we are going to do 50 days of Abs before March 31st. That allows for 8 days off, if you are sick or something.

Rules:
1. 100 reps = 1 point.
2. 1 minute of timed exercises (planks etc.) = 25 reps.
3. Core specific exercises only. Abs, obliques, lower back.

The points aren’t about being in competition with each other. It’s so you can measure your progress and push yourself a little bit further each week.

You can go to the TriFuel Link to see what type of things they did if you are looking some variation in your workouts.
We will also try to add some posts with our routines.

4 comments:

CSquared said...

I'm in. I also agree not a competition, unless of course I would win, then you will hear about it.

esther said...

i'm in!! winner gets G's fudge and peanut butter thingies.. how do we keep score? today i have a whopping 2.275 points(thanks for calculating, sb).

SJV said...

Okay, I guess I can try this. I might have to settle for 1 point a day sometimes, but we'll see what I can do. I would like to post a before and after picture, but I don't think there is enough width on the page for my before picture, so maybe I'll just do the after. Then again, maybe I won't do that either, because I fear even if I get rock-hard abs (which I surely will), they will still be covered with a gelatinous layer of insulation and shock-absorbing colloid.

GC said...

Wahoo! Let the points counting begin! Matt & I were thinking of making a new spread sheet for everyone to track their points on. We can call it "Moose Abs"...or something less dorky. Thoughts???

I agree with Esther...fudge and peanut butter buckeyes sound like a just reward! :-) Not that we are in competition with each other...only ourselves.