Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Race travel & accomodations provided by...

I signed up for the 15K run yesterday. I started to think about all the races I backed out of at the last minute for no good reason and figured I’d better just pay for it ($25) and make it official. The registration form asked for your fastest pace for any race over 3 miles. I put down 7:20 which was my 5 miler pace from last year. I guess my best 5K pace was 6:47 but I don’t see how that’s going to translate to a 15K run. I’m guessing they are going to use this to establish their corrals. I’ll be curious to see how that works out. I expect the course will be very tight and I won’t be able to be on my pace at times.

I think the only race (so far) that I need to have a hotel for is Columbia. So I decided to get this done. The “host” hotel is a Sheraton 2 miles from the race site and the triathlon rate was $125. I wanted to make sure I got in on that deal. I also had them put me on the list to try and get the late checkout as well. (lessons learned from last year).

Todd and I lucked out on the morning run today. There was absolutely no wind. The flags were hanging limp. So 18 degrees was tolerable, my fingers were frozen for the first mile or two but that’s because I couldn’t find my 2nd pair of gloves. I'm so organized....

2 comments:

silent_scream said...

remind me when you guys will be in central park. I'll be there with my new camera to test it out and of course to cheer you on!

m said...

The Sheraton is where they do packet pickup. It is a bit of a mad house the day before but convienent for that. I can't remember where I have stayed before...I will have to get on that and other stuff like that soon.