Monday, February 2, 2009

I may have broken my Butt?

I know I will get the wise "cracks" like  'I just looked and I have a crack in my butt, too" (that one is for you MC).  I don't think it is broken, but I rattled my pelvis and spinal column while cross country skiing. 

Went for a 50 minute slide on Saturday.  Very Icy conditions.  I traversed the hill back and forth going up and had to take the skiis off a couple times to get through or over fence lines.  I decided to go clear across the top of the hill and catch the farmers tractor road to come back home in hopes of a more even trail down.

I did not expect the road to have all the four wheeler tracks on it.  The tracks were very icy and not very even.  So I jumped in the middle of the tracks.  Right at a false bottom my left ski wandered into a track, as my right ski got held up for some reason.  I started to lose it and decided to fall back in an effort to avoid catastrophic damage.  I don't know if I have every hit the ground when it was so hard.  I hit butt first, but my shoulders were not immune to the hit.

It has been a long time since I have laid on the ground surveying moving parts and waiting for the sting to go away.  I got up skied a little ways, then popped the skis off and walked down the hill, which mind you in ski boots and icy conditions was not a pleasant journey.  Plus, some bold cows kept coming towards me, made me very nervous.  If they ever figured out how much bigger they are than me, waving my arms and yelling won't help me a bit.

I still ache this morning, but not nearly as much as I did yesterday morning.  As some football ball players say, "It is time to give it up when the pains from Sunday don't go away by the next Sunday."  I think I am good, my pain should be gone by next Sunday when I do the x-country ski race.

I did ABs Yesterday.  Man, I wasted them, because I didn't read Genine's blog about the 50 days.  I could have waited, it would have been worth over 50 points.

6 comments:

catmarlson said...

Might want to take another look at the points system.
50 points = 3.3 hours of planks
or
5000 crunches.

Glad you are okay and that you didn't resort to using your ski poles as your last line of defense against the angry cows.

CSquared said...

Are you implying that I didn't do 3.3 hours. I will need to have Maddy do the math for me in the future. I am sure it is a residual effect of my fall.

catmarlson said...

"Are you implying that I didn't do 3.3 hours."

Well your facebook quote was:
"Craig did Ab workout Yesterday morning, and it still hurts. Man, I am a whimp"

If you did 3.3 hours of planks... your abs would hurt but you wouldn't be calling yourself a whimp! ;-)

CSquared said...

I recalculated, mind you I had to call my daughter out of Social Studies to figure out this word problem.

Almost 5 points (20 minutes). It is just a factor of 10. Simple mistake. I do it all the time in my 401K.

esther said...

5 points! uh oh.. gotta keep up! hope your butt feels better. i can commiserate.

GC said...

Ouch! I hope your butt is feeling better soon! Between Esther and me, we should be able to give you any "recovery" advice you may need!

Luckily that does not interfere with your ability to work on your abs/core. Maybe we should elect Maddy to be the official points tracker for our "Moose Abs" training log.