Friday, February 13, 2009

I may not be fast...

I don't have a lot going for me in the athletic world these days, but I did do a semi-successful front handspring on the dance floor this week.

After that, some guy who didn't know me came up and said "Dude, you are my hero."

Then a female teacher said "I don't think I have ever seen someone so large do something like that."

I guess I'll take the compliments where I can get them.

You might ask why I did a front handspring on the dance floor? I can't honestly answer that question. It just seemed like the thing to do.

5 comments:

GC said...

Very impressive! Hopefully this maneuver was able to be witnessed by many.

I totally understand where you're coming from! There are many times I feel like doing back handsprings on the wrestling mats at our gym. I'm setting it as one of my "semi-secret" goals this year. Now mind you, I haven't done a back handspring since college, but hey...why not?

catmarlson said...

Inspired by your cheerleading days at WAHS?

SJV said...

Actually, I don't think I learned how to do them until college. My earliest memories of doing them and landing on my feet was when I was practicing punting out on the football field. I would kick my four footballs, then handspring down to the other end of the field to get them. I weighed a lot less then. I could probably benefit from some professional instruction too. They ain't pretty, but they work.

Jim said...

I'll ask the question that seems to be implied (or begged to be asked),...... was this influenced by achohol?

I don't think my back will ever allow such a skill now!

SJV said...

I never do anything under the influence of alcohol.

That might be a good excuse for many things I've done in my life, but I can't use it.

I'm just high on life.