Friday, February 27, 2009

One of my goals for the first quarter of 2009 was to lose some weight. I’ve still got March but there is no way 165 is going to happen for me. Well maybe if I get that flu again and it lasts 7-10 days instead of 4.
172-174 is my current range, which I am alright with, Really the weight loss thing has been a slow and steady process anyhow. Maybe I’ll be 165 by the time Timberman rolls around in August.

It’s also easy for me to be okay with the stalled weight loss when there are so many other good things going on.
1) Todd and I managed to do a ton of running this winter. Much of it was hills and he kept us building by adding a little more each week. We are both hoping all the cold miles will pay off.
2) Yoga, obviously a work in progress but what isn’t? I’m just glad to have fit this into the schedule every week.
3) Diet, I think I’m averaging 3 days a week where I don’t eat any meat. Those days require quite a bit more effort to eat the right foods to get the required protein for the day. I’m not really trying to make this happen, it just is and it’s an interesting twist to the diet learning curve.
4) Balanced workout schedule, I didn’t do much biking last year, there was never a plan in place to make it happen. That isn’t the case this year. I think the big difference is morning workouts. I remember thinking Armando was crazy when he said he’d be out running at 4 in the morning. Well recently my alarm has moved from 5AM to 4:30 AM just to get a bit more time on the bike. I won’t be surprised if eventually it’s 4AM. This is where my long commute is a bonus. I can sneak in a couple 20-30 minute naps on the train before I get to work.
5) Genine’s progress. Last night at the gym Genine wanted to run on the treadmill before she started lifting. At one point I was on a leg extension machine not far from her and I’m watching her run. She looked great, very smooth, strong and fast. I got a big smile on my face and then I noticed the woman on the treadmill directly in front of me was looking at me. I wonder if she thought I was some creepy guy checkin’ out the girl kickin’ butt a couple treadmills over from her… I was, but it wasn’t creepy. Ha ha.

Well in other news. The economy will get a boost from us next month. We have to get Genine geared up and ready to go. So we are looking at a wetsuit purchase, areobars, a bike fitting…. I think it gets cheaper from there. Little stuff like a Race Number belt but it all adds up.

Lastly, I should have the fundraiser website up and running this weekend. It’s actually up and running now but I need to customize it. Then I need to think about what types of fundraising events I can squeeze in this year. A couple things I didn’t manage to do last year included a poker tournament and a raffle.
One other thing I think I’ll do this year is setup an account on a photo hosting website from which you can actually sell your photos. Money made from the site will go to the fundraiser. I’ll post details about that later on. I’m not exactly sure how to let people at the events know that the photos are available or if we would be frowned upon for doing such a thing. I plan on contacting a couple of the race directors to get some feedback about it.

3 comments:

CSquared said...

I find it creepy you were checking out your wife's running style, instead of your wife. Or maybe the other woman was checking you out to check you OUT, which might be even more creepy. Have you asked Genine if she was checking out to why this other woman was checking you out. Did you get that!

esther said...

just so you know, i check out your wife all the time when she flexes her muscles at sati!

GC said...

Apparently I missed everyone being checked out. I had my headphones on obliviously watching American Idol. Ha! The run did feel pretty good though.