Thursday, November 1, 2007

What a week

Wow, this is a great time to be on the blog. Sure, training may not be foremost in our content, but dang is it fun to read. Craig, that post was terrific. I'll have to try documenting the conversations I have during the day. I haven't discussed bullets in years, and I doubt that will come up much in grad school.

Scott, I am going to agree that you may have taken on too many miles too quickly, or that you do too many at one time, irregularly. Aren't you the doctor? Matt's hypothesis was also astute. Downhill running, even gradual hills, are killers on that part of your leg. I have similar feelings when I have to wear heels (dress-up shoes) to class and I walk across campus. About halfway through, I acquire a gait that sounds exactly like what you are describing. I can't hold my toes up, and my feet slap the ground like a bad baby's bottom. I also recently described a similar intense shin pain from my running shoes, which also tilt my feet forward. I have decided to use them every time I run instead of the soccer shoes which are more comfortable in the hopes that I will develop the required muscles to properly use them and benefit from the added cushioning and million-dollar design. It seems to be working.

Also, my diet is going great. I feel very positive about my ability to get under 250 now. I think I will run for an hour today and see how far I can go, which I hope to be farther than ever before. Then I will lift. Gotta turn this week around.

1 comment:

catmarlson said...

Speaking of weight. I weighed myself this AM. 200lbs.
I figured that 197.5 was not going to be a new midpoint.