Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Cold Weather Gear

It was forecast to go below freezing Wednesday night. So after work I stopped at another sports store to try to find some clothes to keep me going through the cold.
I tried on other brands at the Manhattan stores that were having Marathon sales. Most of the others were incredibly long. I've got short legs. Anyhow, This is what I ended up with.
Long Sleeve Shirt I bought that in Steeltown Gold.
Running Tights Figured I had to go with the Steelers Theme and go with black.
As long as I don't pass any mirrors before I leave the house I'm good. Then once I'm outside it's dark out, so it's all good. Nobody is hurt.
Not sure if you've seen the Peyton Manning commercials. The one where he tells you unless you are younger than 22 or a professional athlete, you probably aren't ever going to have washboard abs. Buy a bigger Shirt..... Sad that I think of that as I'm putting this stuff on.

The other news for the night is that the cold air doesn't seem to trigger my asthma. I had been concerned about this, as this was a problem when I was younger. I'll be curious if I'll be just as successful if/when I do intervals in the cold.
(for the record the last asthma attack I can remember was in 2001).

No comments: