Friday, November 30, 2007

Signed UP

I am all signed up for the Mooseman. I don't know if this constitutes the commitment to do it, but now I will lose money if I don't. You can type in the last name of a contestant to verify they are signed up. Matt, you were in there. Shawn & Scott, you were not. The rest of you reprobates (not counting Casey because he has a legitimate excuse), we need to see some action from ya. Of course I only searched myself and the other three people mentioned by name here, so I may have prematurely accused you of things you did or didn't do, but I apologize for nothing.

I am delusional with the euphoria of entering a 16 digit number, with an expiration date and three digit security code after giving them my name, address, phone numbers, age, and division preference (Big Boy division) into a web site that I am pretty sure, probably not the most secure site in the world. They gave me an option to mail it in, but then I have to write a check, address an envelope, ask Tamara where we keep the stamps (1,000th time), have a five minute fight with her about how I don't listen or pay attention, drive to the post office in Pennsylvania because my trust of the West Virginia postal service is quite low, worry that the check makes it and that some person doesn't stick my entry in the top drawer of their desk totally negating the fact I entered with plenty of time and finally hear it from Tamara about wasting a stamp/check, why didn't I just use my credit card, but at least she is glad she doesn't have to pack for a trip to New Hampshire.

So, the way I see it, the identity theft that was caused by me signing up for a triathlon in reality will keep me from going insane, if you can define that I am currently sane, because remember I am doing triathlons. Those that suffer the most do the best, and all will suffer. Inspirational isn't it.

Geo thermal update. Loop is in the ground. Waiting for actual Heat pump, projected delivery before the 15th of December. Still have to run electric to intall site, flush loop, and hook up circulating pump. Hunting season is getting in the way now. Going tomorrow to see if I will be able to get a buck or not. Then next week hunt for the anterless type. I don't shoot Bambi or Bambi's mom because they are fictional characters, plus the meat is good and fits into my whole all natural, non-hormone, antibiotic, free ranging theory. Of course being a vegitarian would save me some cold feet and the cost of clothes and firearms.

All right enough about me, even though I could go on.

5 comments:

catmarlson said...

My dad mentioned that people in Warren feel there are no longer as many deer. Over hunted the area. (We should ship a few thousand from NJ).

There was a processing station that usually would handle 100-150 the first day. They only did 15.

This is only one station's report. Maybe his price was too high or something. I'm curious if you have heard anything to add about this.

Thanks for signing up for Mooseman. Now I know I'm not the only crazy one here. Ha!

SJV said...

Okay, people. I'm in. I paid my 101 bucks. I am also a Clydesdale, and I am not worried about dropping so much weight as to be out of the category. It is only about 60 pounds away, so maybe if I lose 10 pounds a month, I'll make it. What is that? One pound every three days. If I chop off my hands the first two weeks, then a chunk of each arm each weak, I think I can make it. Anyway, I am confirmed, so we will be in this together. Well...you'll be ahead of me, but we can get massages together at the end.

CSquared said...

Over hunt or woods are getting too Big (ie not enough food in the big woods). My brother got 4 point NY state, nephews got 4 point and doe, & dad got a doe. My nephews got deer mile from their house up near the mall, my dad got his behind his house.

Close to town plenty of deer, in the Allegheny Forest it seems slim. Of course Monday was warm, wet and windy, about the worse conditions you could have. My dad heard the same story about processing.

We must be like NJ, in WV we have way too many.

CSquared said...

101.18

That is an awesome idea. If you want to be the human interest story you need some ailment like "no arms". I think no legs would get you there quicker, but you may not have time to learn the springy leg things before June. Better just keep to your plan.

catmarlson said...

Here is the other possible reason. Could be urban legend.
My dad says heard a bear hunter killed 3 Coyotes. One of them had a tag from WY.
It is guessed insurance companies trap them and bring them east to thin deer population. As Car/Deer accidents cost them money.
My dad had coyote back behind his cottage this summer and foxes which had stolen part of a killed deer and left it in his yard.
Coyote could certainly have an easy time with the fawns in the spring.

Heck of a Triathlon post ;-)