Thursday, November 1, 2007

Tendonitis and broken finger

Well, I'm out of action for a while. I tripped and fell out the door while handing out candy on Halloween and landed on my hands. The doctor thinks that it's just a hyperextension injury of my wrists and forearms resulting in acute tendonitis. It hurts like a sonofabitch! Oh, and I broke the pinky on my left hand. I re-set that myself. Surprisingly, it's not that painful, considering that it's already in pretty intense pain so setting it actually relieves some of the pain.
BTW, I didn't land on any kids. The ones that witnessed the fall were pretty concerned. They were very nice and even helped pick up all the candy that I spilled.
So, the upshot is that I won't be out on the road again for a while. I can't even imagine how painful it would be to hold the handgrips right now. I'll try the exercise bike in a few days and see how that goes.

No comments: