Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Four Days to Philly 4.96 mile run

Hey, Scotty how is the leg doing four days before your First Race? Are you tapering or plowing through with the training? Any expectations on time?

Make sure you don't damage your leg too much. I don't want any excuses next June about rehab, or surgery kept you from doing the MOOSEMAN. I'm sure by then you will want a big piece of me. As winter comes I get bored and may take it out on you.

Do your best man. We hope you do well.

Also, heard Matt will be running too.

I hope they both do their best, injury free of course.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Doing pretty well. I swam a lot last week and was away at a meeting during the beginning of this week so my ITB has had a while to rest. I tried it out this morning on the eliptical machine with no problems. Pushed 170 BPM for about 30 min, so I think it will be OK for the run on Sunday. Now for my speculations on time ... I'll be happy with 45 min or less. That's a bit faster than I usually run, but this course is flat compared to my normal route, plus IT'S A RACE! Psychologically I'm sure that I'll push a bit more than usual. Especially if old man Carlson is burning me. I'm faster than him over short distances (~1 mile), but his endurance is far superior to mine. We'll see what I've got left in the tank at the 4 mile mark. I'll wait to talk smack about that till my final race time is in.

I'm not sure you can justify your escalating attacks on me Craig. After all, I'm not the one that chose to ride a road bike at the tango even after a pre-race scouting of the course! You're going to need a little while to redeem yourself before you start tearing into me. Uh, Oh. Now I've done it. Ripping open a wound that already needed serious surgery probably isn't a good move. Let me know if you need it, maybe I can recommend a good therapist.