Saturday, November 17, 2007

Health Benefits

Last trip to the Dr's office was the beginning of June. Of course they always check your Blood Pressure and such when you get there.
Well back in June I think my numbers were 120ish/80 which is considered normal. I think the top number was slightly higher than 120 no higher than 130.
Anyhow my BP yesterday was 120/66. That lower number is the lowest I've ever seen for myself.
Of course I was somewhat medicated. Not sure what Mucinex-D does to the system but I was probably taking that back in June as well.
Craig probably has a BP of 90/40 or something impossible, ha ha.

Anyhow, as I sit here feeling miserable with this cold, I figure I would write about something positive.
"I'm positive that all this exercise is doing wonders for my cardiac health"
"I'm positive that I would have destroyed Scotty in the 8K tomorrow"...... Ha ha ha
Well I did go back to a 10K training race I did 10/15/07 just to see what kind of time I might have posted. Taking 80% of that 10K time. 43:28.

For the record I'm already tired of posting these "if I did it" messages.
Good Luck Scott

1 comment:

CSquared said...

BP, I seem to be fairly normal. Usually like 120/75 or 115/70. Now my wife is the freak here. They have trouble measuring you under 40, so they list you 40 instead of what it might actully be.

We don't have a lot of non-pregnancy readings for her, but they did BP every visit during that time. She started out something like 80/40. In labor with Maddy she read 125/80. I remember this distinctly because the nurse was somewhat amazed it was still so low. I know she told me her BP was somewhat closer to normal at her last visit. The top number was over 100. I believe you actually don't want to be super low as you get older, not healthy.

Your BP is excellent. Keep it up.