Friday, September 21, 2007

Patriots Triathlon

There are 146 people pre-registered for the race on Sunday. How many do you suppose are Clydesdales? Depending on the scale and the day, I'm 200 pounds. I know I won't place in age group but with this small of a race maybe there aren't many clydesdales? It's funny, because the race is $100 I figured I may as well put myself in the division which I might have a slim chance of placing. (fat chance of placing?)

It's supposed to be a beautiful weekend here, so as long as feel good this weekend, I'm going to go and race. I'll be interested to see how many are in wetsuits. With this length of swim, does removal of the wetsuit negate your time savings? (I don't know how long it takes to get out of these things). I'm not going to have a wetsuit so maybe I'll be at a disadvantage. Ah well, in my mind I'm still racing myself more than anything anyhow.

I'll keep you updated as the weekend progresses.

Craig good luck with your run.

1 comment:

CSquared said...

Thanks Matt. Good Luck to you also.

The wetsuit is temp as well as body position. Depending on length of swim you should recoup any removal time, Plus.

A girl told me once she did a late season tri and the bike ride after swimming in cold water it threw her into a some respiratory problems. She kept going but could never get her breath back.

Of course it suppose to be in the 80's this weekend, so unless the water is coming off a glacier you should be OK. Go Clydesdale!