Monday, September 24, 2007

Patriots Results "if I did it"

I took 83 out of 160 on the swim. 14:39 for 650m. 2:15 per 100m (I did go off course a bit here too, did I mention the swim had you looking directly into the sun for all but the 1st and last buoy? Also your split was timed when you entered transition not exit of water. So probably 30 seconds of walk/running). This is 15 sec/100m off what I feel I am capable of but that is why I did this event. To check out the open water aspect of these races.

2:40 in T1. Socks on wet feet still an issue. I need to determine if I can truly bike run with no socks.

OK Speculation time. From my watch 18.2mph 14.4 mile course. So I'd finish the bike in 47:28.
This would be a quicker transition only swapping shoes. 1:09 from Morgantown Results
Then for the 5K I'll use my Morgantown result of 29:18. (I was hoping to improve this...)

So I probably would have finished in 1:35:15. Or 101st place of 160. 3rd Place for Clydesdale was 1:35:27..... I have no idea what the awards were. I left as I was bummin and there wasn't anything left to do.

Speaking of Speculation. I'm reminded that Craig was going to go ride the Tango bike course to get an actual result. Is that still something you are thinking of doing?

6 comments:

CSquared said...

I keep looking at the calendar like it is going to add an extra day, but it doesn't seem too. I still would love to get up there, but Mom & dad are coming down and other activities seem to be getting the priority.

We will see.

CSquared said...

"If you did it", does that mean your next event is in Las Vegas.:)

catmarlson said...

That was definitely the reference I was going for.
If everything works out right. The next event will be in Phoenix either before or after a trip to Vegas. Wahoo!

catmarlson said...

I meant the Book reference. I didn't think of the Vegas thing until you mentioned it.

Jim said...

No harm in "bailing out" when things are seemingly way off. It could be worse. Years ago I was running a race and watched the leader miss a turn ( too far ahead of me to yell out to him, but close enough to see him). When he got back on the course, he was in second and I was in third ( my position didn't change) and he finished second. To this day, I have never seen someone soooo irate at a race as he was at the finish!

catmarlson said...

Well I wasn't mad. I was just very very disappointed.
I didn't mention the guy that got a flat.
He had the glue on type tire. He said he didn't dare take turns too quickly with his replacement tire. There was a sliver of metal that caused his flat. He took 10th last year and was hoping to improve.
So I wasn't the only one that left disappointed.