Monday, September 24, 2007

Dwell on the good things...

Excellent work, Craig. You are going to be hard to beat for us old fat guys. Matt, you'll get 'em next time. If you can get your bike much faster, heck, you'll be doing 20 mph. Maybe that's why you missed the turn, you were going too dang fast!

I also thought I should mention that I stopped at McDonalds today and got two double cheeseburgers, then Fi wanted to go to Wendy's a little bit later, so I got a chicken sandwich value meal, then I came home and ate a box of pierogies for dinner at 10 PM. And I did not a minute of exercise today. Except for my jaw muscles. Those got a nice workout.

I'm sure I'll be three pounds heavier tomorrow. I'm gonna have to run a long ways to burn this off.

4 comments:

catmarlson said...

Are the good things, Double Cheeseburgers and fries?

I'll admit I was glad to hear Ironman guy from swim class say that he eats Buffalo Wings and beer most every cheat day.

I'm currently trying to be very good 6 out of 7 days a week. I keep trying to put 200 lbs behind me.
If I lose another 20 pounds it will be as if my bike weighs -2 pounds!!

catmarlson said...

I got that wrong. The bike weighs 20lbs.

SJV said...

So your bike will be weightless? It will be like riding on the wind. Like a slim helium balloon is guiding you down the road. Like biking in space.

And after I lose my weight, my bike will be pulling my upward with the force of 25 pounds. It will actually make me weigh less. What am I waiting for?

BTW, I was much better today about food. I might have made up most of the overage already. Looking good.

Now all I have to do is get the darn treadmill put back together. The service rep on the phone said "Oh, yeah, it's easy!" Well, I have it completely disassembled to the point of looking like an exploded drawing of a treadmill. And I still have to take more parts off. Sheesh. Much more challenging than I was hoping.

catmarlson said...

That is a huge drag regarding the treadmill. I wish I would have suggested the Video Taping of the process so that you might be able to watch the whole thing in reverse to get it back together.

Currently I'm in a great frame of mind regarding eating habits. I think 190 is going to happen this time. I definitely want to be there before Thanksgiving.

So why is it my bike frame isn't filled with Helium already? Or at the very least a vacuum? I had better email Trek.