Saturday, April 11, 2009

So I guess I can't run...

I biked yesterday. No problems at all.
I ran this morning first time in a week and I'm right back to having that same knee problem.
The problem is below my knee the outside muscle is getting very tight and not allowing for full range of motion. Here is my guess as to which muscle is the problem. Peroneus Longus.
After a few miles. This muscle gets very tight on my right leg. Which then gives my right foot no chance of moving properly and I can feel the muscles/tendons at the knee moving against each other.
Why is that having such a problem now? I still think it's a jammed foot. Sadly the Chiropractor I went to last week didn't seem to know how to go about checking that. Guess I'll have to go back to someone I know will give me a good answer and hopefully an adjustment, or advice as to how to get back on track.
I'll also do some digging around on the runners forums just to see what others have done. I'm sure I'm not the first to have this problem.

4 comments:

m said...

massage

CSquared said...

I couldn't run either. Of course it involved being the catcher for a scrimmage game between the kids and parents. I was the full time catcher because the kids were a person short. The other dad did it for an inning and complained, so I did it the rest of 1.5 hours. Didn't feel bad while doing it.

I couldn't walk steps without limping all weekend. Bad Charlie horse/groin pain.

It did feel better when I did my warmup for my push-ups.

Hope it recovers quick, for you not me, I already feel better this morning.

catmarlson said...

I'm sure that's exactly what you were hoping for. Another reminder that we aren't as young as we used to be.
(you didn't say if the parents won or lost BTW)

I hit the bike trainer this morning. That didn't seem to cause problems.

This is definitely frustrating. Tough to complain when Genine has been fighting the sciatic problem since... well the Tango last August.

CSquared said...

Parents lost. Of course I counted a few extra strikes and some parents didn't run out some infield hits.

Kids were bragging pretty good.