Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Diesel Golf

I haven nothing much to report here other than the first studio at work is up and running. It's a nice room. Glad to be in a new space.

On top of the Move and Studio work, I'm trying to get the Golf to a point where it will pass inspection and we can keep it going for another couple years. I figure both Craig and Shawn would applaud this decision.
So I've ordered up a glow plug wiring harness and relay and scheduled the windshield to be replaced on Saturday. If all that goes well. The engine light should stay off long enough for it to pass inspection.
The transmission error will happen again. Every so often it doesn't shift into 5th gear. That's the issue. Not a big deal really, I'm told I should continue to drive it until there is a real problem. Let's hope this all works out. Otherwise I'm fixing this up to trade it in?? Which would be a losing venture.

1 comment:

CSquared said...

Clap, Clap!

What kind of state doesn't let a car get inspected with a light on the dash? Electricians tape cut in small pieces. No lights no problem.

My car got inspected two weeks ago. Different garage, changing me from winter to summer tires, mechanic says to me "dude, you need to come look at your brakes". One year of pad, if I parked it for a year. Both sides. How did they miss that? Last time I don't pre-inspect before I get it inspected.