Wednesday, April 15, 2009

No problem... I can deal

So this knee problem. Obviously one week off wasn't enough because I had problems again last Saturday. So I spent the beginning of this week wondering what was the cause. As I've mentioned before, jammed foot??
Well I decided it was time to try a different Chiropractor for this problem. Maija had given me the name of a Dr. and Tiffany gave us another. They both practice ART. So Genine went to Tiffany's Dr and I went to Maija's, figuring we could compare notes about the experience later.
I didn't get any chiropractic adjustments but we did have quite a discussion about my situation. Then he really dug into that knee. OUCH!
I was still concerned that we didn't address the cause. I still feel that I'm not walking quite right. This was his answer. The 13 miles of hills... the down hills probably were the initial cause of this problem. My walk doesn't feel right because my brain is telling my legs/feet not to mess with that painful knee. So I'm compensating without even trying.
I went in expecting I'd be told not to run for 2 weeks. He tells me that minimum recovery from this injury is typically 2 weeks. Could be as long as 2 months. I don't have a very severe case, he figures I'll be ready to test it out again next Wednesday or Thursday. Fair enough.
I'm going to continue to bike and swim, hopefully that isn't going to slow down the healing process.
It's tough waiting it out, because it feels ready to go right now but I'll wait. Obviously 1 week wasn't long enough last week. I'm just glad I've got a ton of off season miles behind me. I'm not concerned yet. I'm sure I won't be as calm about this if I'm still having trouble 2 weeks from now

1 comment:

esther said...

i hear you on the injury, dude.. you will be fine! most important is your long term health and fitness!